Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Jackson Webquest Speech
I thought that the Jackson Webquest Speeches were a great way to get multiple perspectives on one of the most controversial presidents in American history. I liked how the different perspectives came from people in all aspects of society, from my speech on a former slave's perspective to Henry Clay. I probably learned the most from my own research into Frederick Douglass and his perspective from the slaves' point of view. I found it fascinating, if a bit disturbing, that someone who did so much as president, for better or for worse, was so avid in is disregard for slaves and natives. I figured Douglass had a point; what right had we to celebrate while millions still cried out from forced servitude? As for the project itself, working with a partner on one document at the same time worked wonderfully. We were able to communicate ideas quickly and efficiently, divide the work evenly, and quickly produce a speech that fully summed up Frederick Douglass' view on Jackson. In my opinion, Michael Wulff's group had the best speech, mostly for his Shatner approach to speaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And, you will have a bit of a leg up when it comes to presenting Douglass.
ReplyDelete